Your Privacy Comes First
Beacon diagnostic software is designed to provide best-in-class issue detection with minimal access to personal data.
The following information is gathered about a computer:
- Upon installation, a random ID is generated and used to identify status reports.
- A “Group” name is assigned, for use in sorting reports.
- The computer’s serial number is also used for sorting reports.
- The name of the computer, visible in:
Sharing Preference Pane (Mac), System Control Panel (Windows), Hostname (Linux)
- The ‘short name’ of the user who last logged into the computer
- In some cases, the email address associated with online backup systems will be reported.
Beacon does not track the following types of information:
- The agent can not access screen or keyboard activity.
- The agent does not inspect browser history, or other similar user activity.
- The agent does not view user-created documents (pdf, jpg, doc, etc).
- The agent does not send raw logs, it only sends summarized test results.
- The agent can not access the computer’s physical location.