With Beacon, Your Privacy Comes First
Beacon diagnostic software is designed to provide best-in-class issue detection with minimal access to personal data.
The following information is gathered about a computer:
- Serial Number: the serial number helps us determine AppleCare warranty status with and gives us valuable information about the computer when problems arise.
- Computer Name: The same name that is visible in:
- Sharing PreferencePane (Mac)
- System Control Panel (Windows)
- Hostname (Linux)
- User Name: The “short name” of the last user to log into the computer.
- Online Backup Information: If online backups are monitored, the email address associated with online backup systems may be reported.
Beacon does not track the following types of information:
- We cannot see the contents of your screen.
- We cannot track keyboard or mouse activity.
- We cannot inspect browser history, or other similar user actions.
- Beacon never accesses data created by the user (pictures, documents).
- Beacon does not collect log files, instead it only reports the results of health checks.
- Beacon does not have access to the computer’s physical location.
- Beacon does not install or update any other software on your computer.